I did my hair today, Oh how it felt so good to feel somewhat like me! I blew it out and smiled as it has been a long process recovering from the craziness that all woman go through after child birth! Yep, we want to reinvent the entire image for feel we have lost who we are.
Mine? Cutting about eight inches off my hair and dying it black with white streaks! Oh yes it was for only a month until I went in begging for it to be back to my blonde/brown. But with that came a MAJOR crisis! The hair dresser combed stripper through my hair and then bleached it all in the same day! Later I found out this was a total NO NO for healthy hair and for the hair dresser to have even done to my hair!
At bible study I met sweet Andra who promptly said she could help! She listened to me cry and sob in her chair and agreed to go down the path of fixing my damaged, short hair that was broken into shreds. I couldn't do anything with it that pieces popped out waving in the air as if to rebel against the inch of healthy hair next to my scalp that was holding on for dear life!
Andra Good Thank you for sharing your God given talents and mending my BAD hair! You are incredible at what you do and even more at just being such a sweet blessing! I so look forward to our time together every six weeks when your hands go to work creating what I look at every day! THANK YOU!
Soooo where was I? Oh yes, actually getting ready and putting make up on my face and doing my hair. It felt so good! I did have to sit down while blowing my hair dry for because I got a little dizzy, know when you have been sick and the smallest things are work? BUT hey, I hadn't even gotten ready all week. My hair was combed and thrown in a bun on the top of my head. I even went out in public like this! You gotta know I didn't feel good!
I went on an adventure to look for backpacks to the Kohs at Ellsworth and Germain. WOW that shopping center is really cool, there is all sorts of stuff out there!
Mission accomplished and the girls were so happy!
We came home and cooked a potato dish to take to my girlfriends house for a BBQ. The kids swam and we got to visit with my girlfriends who are really like sisters. The incredible years and friendship have made it so comfortable to get together with each other like it was a family event. We all pitch in for everything and the kids? Well I don't think they know truly how blessed they are to have such an diverse group who all have so much in common!
We came home and showed daddy all our "finds" from Kohls and I am headed to bed.
I am so excited to get up and bike ride with my friends. I miss being outside and moving my body, it is such a great feeling to be heathly and take care of what God blessed you with!
Have a great weekend everyone! Peace out!
3 years ago





1 comment:
OH you are too sweet!!!! LOL! :) I LOVED saving your hair my friend! And I'm so thankful as well for the friendship that God has blessed us with! You are such a blessing in my life and in the lives of those around you. Thank you for dilgently praying for my family as we have experienced so much since I first met you! I love you hon! And oh how I love your new hair!!! :) XOXO
PS....Jer and I get to spend a few hours alone with Zach today! I might even get to hold and love on him! I'm bringing our CD player to play "PRAISE BABY" for him! We love those CD's (and DVD'S)! You have to check em out on itunes if you haven't already. Our favorite is Praise Baby-Born to Worship.
Post a Comment